- STOP TESTIMONY BEFORE THE HOUSE FINANCE COMMITTEE
- CHAIRMAN LEVDANSKY, COMMITTEE MEMBERS, I COME TO YOU ON BEHALF OF 118,410 CITIZENS WHO SIGNED STOP PETITIONS SEEKING THE ABOLISHMENT OF ALL PROPERTY TAXES ON PRIMARY RESIDENCES. MY NAME IS BOB LOGUE...JUST ONE OF THE THOUSANDS OF COMMON CITIZENS WHO H...
- End property taxes, forget reassessment
- THE FOLLOWING EDITORIAL APPEARED IN TODAY'S READING EAGLE NEWSPAPER, READING, PENNSYLVANIA.
THE STOP MESSAGE IS GETTING THROUGH SLOW BUT SURE AND MOMENTUM IS BUILDING FOR TOTAL ABOLISHMENT OF ALL PROPERTY TAXES ON PRIMARY RESIDENCES. PLEASE SEND THI...
- The Monkey On Our Back
For thirty years the homeowners and taxpayers of Pennsylvania as well as the governors of both parties, the legislators, school boards, county and municipal officials have had the property tax monkey on their backs. Thousands of hours of discussion...
- IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT THE STOP PLAN
- Please share this with everyone you can by forwarding this E-mail, printing and mailing this article, or posting it on bulletin boards, etc.
As our STOP Property Tax Abolishment Legislation is being reintroduced in the PA House and Senate, it is impo...
- Time to abolish antiquated property tax
- By DR. MARK W. HENDRICKSON | Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Property taxes in Pennsylvania appear locked into a long-term uptrend. In recent years, there have been huge increases in the portion of the property tax that finances county government. County offi...
- SEN. LOGAN STOP NEWS RELEASE
logan STEPS UP CALL TO ELIMINATE HOMEOWNER PROPERTY TAXES
MONROEVILLE, May 17, 2007 - On the heels of the overwhelming vote against the state's Act 1 tax-shifting proposal, state Sen. Sean Logan (D-Allegheny/Westmoreland...
- MAYOR TOLD...NO MORE SECTION 8 HOUSING IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD
- Recently Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl met with residents of one of Pittsburgh's neighborhoods...and was told in emphatic terms by those in attendance, they were sick and tired of section 8 housing destroying their community. Anger over Section 8 h...
- THREE STUDIES CONCLUDE PENNSYLVANIA IS ROTTING FROM WITHIN
- Three independent studies were conducted by Penn State University, The Pennsylvania Economy League, and Washington D.C. based Brookings Institution. Here are some of the conclusions reached by the research. (Emphasis added)
The Pennsylvania Economy ...
- PENNSYLVANIA HOMEOWNERS ARE ‘UNAPPRECIATED’ AND IT IS COSTING US BILLIONS
- Home ownership is promoted by the government as a good investment and an outstanding way to accumulate wealth. But, thanks to Governor Ed Rendell and some of our legislators….that is not necessarily true in Pennsylvania.
In many areas of the commonw...
- NO MORE MONTHLY TAX ESCROW PAYMENTS AS PART OF YOUR MORTGAGE
- The Pennsylvania government spends millions of your tax dollars to assist families to buy a home. At the same time, school, county, and municipal property taxes discourage potential home owners. Those same high taxes make it impossible for many of our...
- DO YOU FAVOR PROPERTY RIGHTS? DO YOU WANT TO PROTECT YOUR HOME?
- Ownership of private property—your home—is under attack in Pennsylvania and throughout the United States. Broadening eminent domain to confiscate a private citizen’s property to award it to another private citizen has been approved by the five most lib...
- ABOLISHING PROPERTY TAXES ON PRIMARY RESIDENCES IS A MAJOR CHANGE IN GOVERNMENT TAXING POLICY
- I've tried to explain to folks that what we are trying to do is not just some simple change in a government policy. We are trying to uproot a corrupt, cruel and terribly inaccurate taxation system that has been part of our state and nation since the nat...
- HODDY HANNA, (REAL ESTATE EXPERT): “TRUE, ACCURATE PROPERTY ASSESSMENTS ON HOMES ARE IMPOSSIBLE.”
- At a forum on property taxes in Hampton Township, Allegheny County, Thursday, October 5th, 2006, Howard ‘Hoddy’ Hanna, of Howard Hanna Realty—one of the largest realtors in the tri-state area—used commentary and charts to demonstrate two basic facts:
- Thousands more dollars wasted on court cases trying to make a system fair that is corrupt and rotten to the core.
- Allegheny County Executive Dan Onorato was right in saying....that the (assessment\reassesment) process was too flawed and unpredictable to create fair values for more than 500,000 residential properties. It is just as true in the 66 OTHER Pennsylvania...
- A disservice
- Williamsport Sun-Gazette
Sunday, August 20, 2006
Memorial Day and Independence Day are two days that are notorious in this country for honoring our freedom, and paying tribute to our military men and women, for the ultimate sacrifice...
- MAYOR FIGHTS UNFIT LANDLORDS WHO RENT TO DRUG DEALERS AND OTHER UNDESIRABLES
- One of the best ways for most families to acquire wealth is through home ownership. Federal, state and local governments have programs to assist lower income home buyers to purchase homes. However, property taxes then force some of these home buyers t...
- WHAT HB 39 (AND ALL OTHER SIMILAR FRAUDULENT PROPERTY TAX REDUCTION PLANS) WOULD NOT HAVE DONE
- HB 39, that was approved by the Pennsylvania Senate 40 to 9, and then, thankfully, killed in the House without a vote, demonstrates how inept the state’s leadership is. And how willing so many legislators are to go along with any idiotic plan... just to...
- Letter from an escapee
- Dear Bob:
I read your e-mails that you forward to me concerning the taxation problems of Pennsylvania. As you know, I moved out of Pa. long ago because of unfair taxes and job losses. I became fed up with my taxes constantly going up while my incom...
- GUESS WHAT YOU DID!
- You confiscated thousands of dollars in equity from homeowners who lost their homes to sheriff sale.
First, you incorrectly assessed their homes. Then you applied the millage rate based on their incorrect assessment.
Then when they couldn’t pay th...
- Dear Mom and Dad
- Dear Mom & Dad: Hope this note finds you both well. We love you. Just wanted to let you know that Julie and I have paid off the mortgage on our home…and finally, the house is OURS! Take care, talk to you soon. Love, Your Son.
Dear Son: Mom and...
- WHAT IS THE REAL VALUE?
- If you sold your home when the economy was booming…chances are you would get more for it. If you sold your home when the economy is in recession with lots of layoffs and fears, or if lots of other homes on your street were for sale for whatever reason,...
- THE FACTS
- * Philadelphia lost more population in the last census than any other of the nation's largest cities.* Philadelphia once had 2.1 million people and now has less than 1.5 million. Loss of 600,000 people.* Pittsburgh continues to decline. The city onc...
- CITIZEN NAMED APATHY
- THERE ONCE WAS A CITIZEN NAMED APATHY
WHO REGULARY FACED A REAL TRAGEDY
HE MOANED AND COMPLAINED HIS BUDGET WAS STRAINED
AND HIS PROPERTY TAXES A CATASTROPHE.
THE STOP PLAN DEVISED WAS A GODSEND
TO CAUSE HOMESTEAD TAXES TO ALL END.
- PGH. TAX BREAKS FOR WEALTHY?
- DEVELOPER WANTS 'TAX BREAKS' FOR WEALTHY TO MOVE INTO DOWNTOWN PITTSBURGH, WHILE MIDDLE AND LOWER INCOME FOLKS LOSE THEIR HOME TO HIGHER PROPERTY TAXES. MAYOR O'CONNOR IS CONSIDERING. HAS HE CONSIDERED THE DAMAGE PROPERTY TAXES ARE DOING TO THE REST OF...
- ABANDONED PROPERTIES:
- STOP believes high property taxes, absentee landlords and predatory lending are all major contributors to the ever-increasing number of abandoned properties in our communities throughout Pennsylvania. In Philadelphia roughly 10% of all homes and lots a...
- GUILTY OR NOT?
- Here's an interesting exercise I hope you will all try and then pass on to everyone you know:
1. Call your PA Senator and Representative and
ask them how long they have been in office?
2. Multiply the number of years they have been in office by...
- LBFC STUDY PROVES S.T.O.P. LEGISLATION (SB 717-718) FINANCIAL FIGURES ARE ACCURATE
- The Legislative Budget and Finance Committee (LBFC) study of the S.T.O.P. Primary Residence Protection Legislation shows the figures used in the STOP legislation are accurate,” said STOP spokesman, Bob Logue. The study was ordered in a 50 to 0 vote by ...
- S.T.O.P. EQUALS
- S.T.O.P. = ABOLISHMENT OF ALL, COUNTY AND MUNICIPALPROPERTY TAXES ON PRIMARY RESIDENCES
S.T.O.P. = JOBS
S.T.O.P. = INCREASED POPULATION
S.T.O.P. = COMMUNITY REVITALIZATION
S.T.O.P. = CUTTING THE SIZE AND COST OF GOVERNMENT
S.T.O.P. = BUSINESS GROWT...
- Tax reduction=tax increase?
- HOW CAN A SCHOOL PROPERTY TAX REDUCTION ACTUALLY RESULT IN A TAX INCREASE
Some legislators and the governor—desperate to diffuse the public’s anger about property taxes and the pay raise issues---are trying to cobble together anything on property tax...
- RAISING COUNTY REVENUE
- A suggestion on how counties in Pennsylvania can raise revenue. Why not televise the hearings when people come before the county assessors to appeal their property tax assessment.
The show could be entitled: The Price Is Wrong!
- SOLVING OUR PENNSYLVANIA HOUSING PROBLEMS
- SOLVING OUR PENNSYLVANIA
has a number of major housing problems.
In many communities there is a high percentage of older houses.
Many need major repairs. Too many are being...
- THE ONLY ONE !!!
- *** Of all the property tax plans being bandied about in Harrisburg…how manyhave the support of 117,464 PETITIONERS REPRESENTING 1.2 MILLION PENNSYLVANIANS? -- ONE! THE STOP PLAN.
*** How many tax plans ABOLISH ALL PROPERTY TAXES ON PRIMARY RESIDEN...
- ECONOMIC RECOVERY
- The news from county and municipal governments and school districts in Pennsylvania too often involves layoffs, tax increases, business closings, declining or stagnant population and blight. We are trapped in a vicious, negative cycle that is eroding o...
- URGENT MESSAGE FROM SENATOR SEAN LOGAN ON STOP LEGISLATION
- Next week, Sen. Brightbill's property tax bill is on the voting agenda but for all intents and purposes, it is "gutted." I am offering the STOP plan and every Senator will get the chance to vote on our STOP plan.
Now is the time for all to get on th...
- GILPIN TOWNSHIP SUPERVISORS UNANIMOUSLY CALL FOR ABOLISHMENT OF SCHOOL, COUNTY AND MUNICIPAL PROPERTY TAXES
- In a resolution adopted November 14TH, 2005 the Gilpin Township, Armstrong County Board of Supervisors unanimously passed a resolution
calling upon the state legislature to abolish property taxes and replace them with other forms of taxation to fund ...
- PA's Hemorrhaging
- Hi Bob,
I really do appreciate all the work you are doing for the STOP campaign. And, I specially appreciate your keeping me and the others up to date.
I get so frustrated when someone refers to the other (non STOP) "fixes" as a bandaid. I fee...
- Message from Senator Fontana
- Thank you for your email regarding property taxes, specifically SB 30. In committee this past week, I voted against the proposals that were put forth by the Republican Caucus.
There are many proposals before the General Assembly for the Special Se...
- SB 30: DESPERATION LEGISLATION
- Two of the senators in the leadership of the PA Senate have drafted a desperation bill on school property taxes that is designed to make it
appear that they give a damn about the people of Pennsylvania. Senate Bill 30—39 pages long-- calls for a stand...
- HALF A LOAF MENTALITY:
- The Commonwealth Caucus (CC) plan to abolish only school property taxes while keeping county and municipal property taxes and keeping
assessments and reassessments is wrong for our citizens…and wrong for our state and local economy.
Here’s why: The...
- EDUCATION ESTABLISHMENT DISINFORMATION:
- ‘Educators’ supposedly speaking for the ‘Education Community’ recently addressed the special session of the legislature and continued their Chicken Little disinformation campaign regarding abolishing property taxes. They sang the same old song: “We mu...
- Wednesday, November 16, 2005
- John Locke, whose writings are the foundation of our Constitution, wrote that of the specific powers granted to government, the most important is the protection of private property. The recent Supreme Court ruling regarding eminent domain (Kelo v. New L...
- 350 homes are abandoned in the City of Pittsburgh every year
- Each year in the City of Pittsburgh alone the blight grows by one additional abandoned home almost every day throughout every year. That statistic demonstrates the severe decline of the city. Abandoned homes are invitations to disaster. Vandals smash...
- CENSUS PROJECTIONS DISMAL FOR PENNSYLVANIA'S FUTURE
- The U.S. Census Bureau's projections of population and economic growth for Pennsylvania over the next 25 years are dismal at best. The Census bureau predicts Pennsylvania will continue to lag far behind other states in population growth. And, with the...
- MR. DAVIS' THOUGHTS
- Mr. Logue: I totally support the ELIMINATION OF PROPERTY TAXES on primary residences and have had access to the STOP alerts for several months. In my assessment, the STOP approach to property tax reform contains the opt...
- S.T.O.P. is good for business and right for our future
- Politicians often work for months trying to attract some company into opening a facility in their region and provide jobs for their constituents. Often, free properties, tax breaks or other public (tax payer) funded special services are offered to lure ...
- CITIZEN ANGER
- The anger among Pennsylvanians over the pay raises the legislators gave themselves and other officials is interesting.
Would the pay raises have caused Pennsylvanians to move to other states, separating families?
Would the pa...
- WARNING: BAD PROPERTY TAX LEGISLATION IS WORSE THAN NO PROPERTY TAX LEGISLATION.
- In conversation with a legislator friend today, Sunday, Nov. 6, 2005, I was told he expects ‘something’ to happen on property taxes by Christmas. He said, “They have to do something…and I think the legislature will.”
HOWEVER: Bad legislation—mea...
- No Fable
- Site Note: Bob Logue wrote a Christmas Story titled "A HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS" which was not published on the S.T.O.P. site. The following is a letter from a Pennsylvania resident after reading Bob's story. For clarity, "A HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS" is provi...
- Help Our Veterans
- Dear Friends:
During WW II our Fathers and Grandfathers, our Uncles and Aunts stepped forward to fight the Nazi and Japanese Menace! They fought in many bloody and vicious battles to protect their families and children and their future children from ...
- 117,141 REASONS TO SERIOUSLY CONSIDER THE STOP PRIMARY RESIDENCE PROTECTION PLAN
- There are 117,141 reasons why Governor Ed Rendell and Pennsylvania legislators should cease ignoring the STOP Primary Residence Protection Plan. That number is the amazing total of signatures STOP volunteers have collected on paper petitions from all ac...
- EMERGENCY !
- If thirty or forty thousand Pennsylvania homes were lost due to some natural disaster, would you consider that an emergency?
Would you want the government to act quickly to prevent more homes from being lost?
In Pennsylvania each year an estimated...
- logan TOUTS TAX CUT PROPOSAL IN SPECIAL SESSION TESTIMONY
- NEWS RELEASE
45th Senatorial District
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SENATOR SEAN LOGAN
CONTACT: Ken Varhola
logan TOUTS TAX CUT...
- Dear Rep. Pistella
- Dear Rep. Pistella:
I was preparing to write to you to encourage your sponsorship of HB 23 and HB 24, when I re-read the list and was heartened to discover that you already are one of the co-sponsors. Congratulations!
And I want to thank you fo...
- PROPERTY TAX IS COSTLY TO TAXPAYERS
- Thanks to STOP and others opposed to real estate taxes on homesteads and farmsteads, more and more Pennsylvania citizens have learned how costly property taxes are to collect for school districts, county and municipal governments.
- Cambria County Commissioners Resolution
WE URGE YOU TO CONTACT YOUR COUNTY COMMISSIONERS AND SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH THEM. ASK THEM TO JOIN THE CAMBRIA COUNTY COMMISSIONERS IN THEIR CALL FOR THE ABOLISHMENT OF SCHOOL, COUNTY AND MUNICIPAL PROPERTY TAXES....
- OBJECTIVE: POPULATION GROWTH
- Pennsylvania’s anemic population growth—and in a number of our major cities and counties, no growth or even a decline—has had a negative impact upon businesses.
A number of cities and towns have lost major department stores as well as smaller busines...
- ************** THIS IS IMPORTANT.......PLEASE READ ALL**************
- Hi Everyone (Homeowners) - To eliminate Property Taxes for good, please contact "all" your elected government officials and tell them you are supporting the "STOP" (STOP TAXING OUR PROPERTIES) campaign and if they are not, you will not be voting for the...
- OBJECTIVE: STOP UNFAIRNESS IN THE PROPERTY TAX SYSTEM
- Which of these three plans will stop the discrimination against lower income and fixed-income citizens that is built into the current Pennsylvania property tax system?
ACT 72: This plan reduces property taxes in varying amounts depending upon which ...
- Send mail to support the STOP Taxing Our Properties campaign
- Since the time is becoming ripe, as the politicians are blowing their own horns, for their own benefit, below is the site to send a simply formulated E-mail (or regular mail) to your legislators demanding support for the most fair and effective plan to ...
- Implement true property tax reform while cutting the size and cost of government
- OBJECTIVE: Implement true property tax reform while cutting the size and cost of government.
Which of these three plans will truly reform the property tax system in Pennsylvania while also cutting the size of government?
ACT 72: This plan ke...
- STOP (PRIMARY RESIDENCE PROTECTION PLAN) SUPPORTS GOVERNOR'S CALL FOR SPECIAL SESSION ON PROPERTY TAX REFORM
- Supporters of the S.T.O.P. (Primary Residence Protection Plan) that calls for total abolishment of all property taxes--school, county, and
municipal--on primary residences only, support Governor Ed Rendell's announcement that he is calling a special ...
- Governor against GOP plan to fund schools with sales tax
- PRESS ENTERPRISE NEWSPAPER, BLOOMSBURG, PA.
Governor against GOP plan to fund schools with sales tax
Rendell: 'It's just a bad idea'
BLOOMSBURG — Gov. Ed Rendell opposes a Republican plan that would replace school property taxes with a lower sale...
- STOP VERSUS COMMONWEALTH CAUCUS PLAN
STOP PRIMARY RESIDENCEPROTECTION PLAN
Abolishes all property taxes—
school, county and municipal
on primary residences (homesteads/
farmsteads). Replaces it with
1% increase in state income tax
- SALES TAX
- TO: ALL STOP SUPPORTERS AND INTERESTED PARTIES:
FROM: BOB LOGUE
SUBJECT: SALES TAX
The S.T.O.P. legislation SB 717-718 being re-introduced by Senator Sean Logan, and HB 1946-1947 being introduced by Rep. Marc Gergely DOES NOT tax all food or clot...
- Allegheny Exodus
- ALLEGHENY COUNTY LOST 48,100 PEOPLE BETWEEN 2003 AND 2004. AND THE COUNTY’S RISE IN POVERTY WAS AMONG THE WORST IN THE NATION AMONG COUNTIES OF OVER 1 MILLION PEOPLE. ...
- Tuesday’s press conference
- TO: STOP (Primary Residence Protection Plan) SUPPORTERS
FROM: Bob Logue
SUBJECT: Tuesday’s press conference
Please remember that a STOP (Primary Residence Protection Plan) press conference will be held as follows:
WHAT: STOP PRESS CONFERE...
- TIMING IS EVERYTHING!
- TO: S.T.O.P. PRIMARY RESIDENCE PROTECTION PLAN SUPPORTERS
FROM: BOB LOGUE:
SUBJECT: TIMING IS EVERYTHING!
Timing is everything in getting legislation enacted. Perhaps our time is now. Anger at the legislators may well be at an all-time hi...
- NEW LEGISLATION
- Our new legislation to abolish ALL Property taxes on Primary Residences in Pennsylvania is being circulated among your legislators to secure co-sponsors. The first of the press conferences announcing the legislation's re-introduction is being organized...
This site uses .PDF files for ease of viewing and printing. You will need to have the free Adobe Reader installed on your computer to view .PDF files properly. If you don't already have it you may get the free Adobe Reader by clicking on the image below.