IMAGINE IF A PLAN COULD DO ALL OF THIS FOR
1. SAVE $3 BILLION in debt service for the taxpayers.
2. CREATE A BOOM in real estate, home building, home remodeling
and other industries and businesses
3. PRODUCE TENS OF THOUSAND OF JOBS lifting every
and every community throughout
4. MAKE IT POSSIBLE for more young couples, women and
minority citizens to own homes.
5. HELP TO REVITALIZE EVERY COMMUNITY IN PA.
6. SAVE THE LOTTERY FUND $61.3 MILLION EVERY YEAR
so RENT REBATES could be RAISED, or THOUSANDS of
ADDITIONAL SENIORS could be placed on PACE
—or a combination of both.
7. SAVE every county in the state tens of thousands of dollars, and in
the more POPULOUS COUNTIES, SAVE THEM
MILLIONS OF TAX DOLLARS EVERY YEAR BY
SHRINKING THE SIZE OF GOVERNMENT.
8. PROVIDE MORE FUNDING FOR EDUCATION than Governor
Rendell’s plan provides; while providing a steady stream of
additional educational funding….. FOREVER.
9. PROVIDE MORE MONEY for economic development, job training
and other related programs than Governor Rendell is
proposing….AND DO IT FOREVER.
10. MAKE Pennsylvania tremendously attractive to young couples,
retirees and everyone in between.
abolish the most hated tax in
Can’t be done? Yes it can…and here’s how.
· First, DON’T borrow the $2 BILLION the governor wants to borrow for economic development. That will SAVE the taxpayers about $3 BILLION in debt service.
· SPLIT THE PROCEEDS FROM SLOT MACHINES BETWEEN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND EDUCATION.
· USE THE SB 717-718 and HB 1572 and 1573 to ABOLISH ALL PROPERTY TAXES ON HOMESTEADS AND FARMSTEADS and replace them with more easily collectible, broader based, and fairer taxes.
· Use an emergency provision of the constitution to do it in 2004. AND ALL OF THE ABOVE BENEFITS WILL BE REALIZED. For more information visit www.grandoldusa.com